Carrot and Pineapple Salad with Mint Soy Yogurt
This salad is always a crowd-pleaser and with the mint soy yogurt dressing it has a light refreshing flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 carrots, julienned or shredded
- 3/4 cup pineapple cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch cumin
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup or pineapple juice
- Prepare the carrots by peeling and the shredding or cutting as julienne strips.
- Drain the pineapple, or if using fresh, peel and cut.
- Add the pineapple pieces to the carrots and mix well.
- Puree 1 tablespoon of mint with the yogurt, syrup, cinnamon and cumin.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mint over the salad and mix well.
Depending on how you prefer to serve the salad, you can mix the soy yogurt into the salad before hand and let it season, or if you prefer you can serve the dressing on the side for each to add as they wish.