Celeriac and Artichoke Soup
This is a quick and easy vegan version of an old Vegetarian Times recipe. It’s very tasty, especially on a cold winter’s day.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium celerac (celery root), about 1 pound
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 – 1 cup soy yogurt of soy cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
- vegan sweet spicy nuts as garnish or spicy vegan croutons
- Peel the celerac and cut into chunks.
- Peel the shallots and chop
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the shallots and saute unitl soft.
- Add the celeriac chunks and continue cooking, stirring to mix.
- Add the vegetable stock, place a lid on the pot and cook until the celeriac chunks are soft.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, quarter them and add to the cooking celeriac.
- Puree the soup. (I use an immersion blender.)
- Add the soy yogurt or soy cream.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup garnished with vegan sweet spicy nuts or spicy vegan croutons.