Broccoli Risotto with Red Lentils
This attractive meal tastes as good as it looks. Thet gives it a nice warmth.
Serving Size: 4
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sambal oelec
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 med. head broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 bunch basil
- chives as garnish
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic until glassy.
- Add the sambal oelec and mix well.
- Add the rice and allow to become glassy after a few minutes.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes. Stir to mix well.
- Turn the heat down, add a cover to the rice and allow to swell.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until al dente.
- Cook the red lentils in a separate pan with a bit of salt and 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Cook until the lentils are al dente be careful to not let them get too soft.
- When the rice has absorbed the liquid, and the lentils are cooked, add the lentils to the ride and mix well.
- Add the broccoli and serve the risotto garnished with basil leaves and chives.
You can use less sambal, if you don’t want it too hot.