As we begin to move into spring, we look forward to many recipes with fava beans. This pappardelle was really lovely with the light garlicky lemon soy cream sauce.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. pappardelle
- 1 & 1/2-2 cups fava beans, podded, blanched and skinned
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed, dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 lemon, zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cups soy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but nice)
- Melt the margarine in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add garlic, chives, parsley and the crushed chili.
- Add lemon zest and soy cream.
- Simmer uncovered.
- Add the nutritional yeast and season to taste with salt.
- A few minutes before serving add the prepared ava beans to the sauce. Reserve a few to sprinkle on the top as garnish
- Cook the pappardelle in 6-8 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain
- In a serving bowl, place the lemon and add the drained pasta.
- Add the sauce and gently mix.
- Serve immediately with a few fava beans and chives sprinkled on top.