Quinoa Salad with Spring Fruits
We always enjoy quinoa salads. Quinoa adapts so well to either fruit or vegetables. This time we used spring fruits with a light cinnamon, balsamic dressing.
Serving Size: 6
for the salad:
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz ) apricot halves, drained and sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
for he dressing:
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Drain the apricots and slice.
- Wash the grapes and halve.
- Peel the orange and cut in sections.
- Drain the cooked quinoa well and place in a large bowl.
- Add the fruit to the quinoa and gently mix.
- Chop the parsley and add to the salad, mixing lightly.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.