Corn and Fava Bean Salad with a Walnut-Miso Dressing
This is a very delicious salad. Fava beans are know to be very healthy and may help combat Parkinsons’s disease. The walnut miso dressing is especially nice with this salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup corn
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted, and ground
- 3 cups fava beans, shelled, blanched and peeled
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- Toast and grind the walnuts. Save a few pieces as garnish.
- Mix the prepared corn and fava beans in a large salad bowl.
- Chop the red onion and add to the beans and corn.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the miso, mirin, balsamic vinegar, agave oil and and ginger until smooth.
- Add the ground walnuts and stir until well-combined. You may need a few tablespoons of water to thin the dressing.
- Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer the salad to a serving dish and garnish with some of the chopped walnuts and red onion.
- Serve the dressing on the side for each to serve themselves.