Curried Potato Salad with Mango
This is a new and different potato salad. The combination of potatoes and mango is very tasty.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 lbs. potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut in pieces
- handful fresh cilantro or coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- splash lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the potatoes by cooking, peeling and cutting in cubes.
- Place the cubed potatoes in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile chop the onion, prepare the mango and chop the cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add the cumin, coriander powder, curry, a dash of salt and mix well.
- Add the mango pieces and lightly warm, stirring to mix well.
- Add the sugar to lightly caramelize the mango and onions and add the splash of lemon juice.
- While the mixture is warm, pour over the potatoes and gently stir to mix.
- Add the chopped cilantro or coriander.
- The salad is best served warm.