Macaroni with Broccoli & Peas
This tasty meal is quite versatile. We enjoyed it hot as a main meal, but it would also work well as a salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 lb. macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 ounce package spicy tofu of seitan pieces
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon mixed herbs (parsley, chives, basi)
- 3 spring onions, cut in small circles
- 2 tablespoons nutritional east (optional)
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Steam the broccoli.
- Defrost the peas.
- Cut the spring onions.
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of lightly salted water.
- Mix in a small bowl the soy cream, vegetable bouillon powder, mixed herbs and optional nutritional yeast if using.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the soy cream mixture, the steamed broccoli, the thawed peas and the spicy tofu pieces, and mix well.
- Add the cut chives and basil and mix.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with a few fresh basil leaves.
- We enjoyed this meal warm, although it would be good as a salad also.