Strawberry-balsamic Glazed Tempeh
This strawberry balsamic sauce was a lovely compliment to the tempeh. The meal tasted very nice with the sweet potatoes and peas. It was simple yet filling and full of flavor.
Serving Size: 4
Yield: 1/4-1/2 cup strawberry balsamic sauce
for the tempeh:
- 1 block (16 ounces) tempeh
- pinch of salt and pepper
- oil for frying
for the glaze:
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
to make the glaze:
- Clean, hull and chop the strawberries.
- Add the sugar and allow the juices to draw from the strawberries for about 10 minutes.
- Place the strawberries and their juices in a small sauce pan.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and place on simmer.
- Reduce to a thick syrup about half the amount originally.
to prepare the tempeh:
- Slice the tempeh into 4 individual sized portions.
- Lightly oil a frying pan or grill.
- Pan fry or grill the tempeh lightly on both sized until lightly golden brown.
- Lightly dust with salt and pepper.
- Then spoon a bit of the glaze on each side.
- Serve with your favorite potatoes or rice and a lovely green vegetable.