This is a lovely light soup for the summer that we enjoyed for lunch.
Serving Size: 4
- 4-5 cups zucchini, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan Parmesan as garnish
- We grated the zucchini using the fine grater of the food processor.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot
- Add the minced garlic and saute to season the oil and soften the garlic.
- Add the grated zucchini and stir. Cook about 3 minutes to evenly season the zucchini.
- Add the water and the tomato paste and stir well.
- Cook the soup for 8-10 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with vegan Parmesan and optionally a few fresh herb leaves.