This is a flavorful and healthy salad that we enjoyed this evening.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounces fava beans, blanched and skins removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 ounces soy cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 12-36 seeded black olives (depending on size)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch the fava beans and remove the skins once they have cooled.
- Place in a medium bowl.
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil and add the garlic.
- Sauté the garlic until soft.
- Add to the fava beans and mix well.
- Add the dill and black olives, mix well and allow to season for 1-6 hours.
- Cut the soy cheese in small cubes.
- Quarter the tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add the tomatoes and soy cheese to the seasoned fava beans.
- Mix well and serve on individual plates or in bowls.
- Garnish with chopped dill.
You can substitute edamame or limas for the fava beans if you can not get them.