This was a lovely salad. Beets and pears go really nicely together and the poppyseed dressing is great.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 2 large beets
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 ripe pears
- 1 ounce soy cheese
for the poppyseed dressing:
- 3 tablespoons white wine, raspberry or white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- pinch salt and pepper
to make the salad:
- Clean and peel the beet. Cut into cubes or slices as desired.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the beets until soft.
- Allow to cool.
to make the dressing:
- Place the ingredients in a small salad carafe.
- Mix well.
to assemble the salad:
- Wash the watercress.
- Pluck the leaves from the larges stems and arrange on salad plates.
- Peel the pears, remove the core and cut into cubes or slices as desired.
- Arrange the beets and pears on the watercress.
- Slice or grate the soy chess over the salad.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over and serve.