We have recently discovered how nice black skinned radishes are. We are thrilled to be growing them as a fall crop in the garden. This salad is great. We really enjoyed it last night.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 large black radishes, peed and grated or shredded
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated or shredded
- 1/4 large kohlrabi, peeled and grated or shredded
- 1/2 bunch spring onions or scallions, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, or chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon juice (multi-vitamine, apple, or a slightly sweet sort)
- pinch salt
- dash pepper
- soy cheese, cut in chunks or grated
- Prepare each of the vegetables, peeling and shredding.
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Mix the soy yogurt with the juice, salt and pepper. Taste the sauce and further season as you wish.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables a tablespoon at a time. You want to lightly coat the vegetables, not soak them in sauce.
- Add the apple pieces and chives and mix.
- Top with a few more chives, the sunflower seeds and the soy cheese.
Adding some celeriac would also be nice with this salad. Some also add cucumber to this salad.