Pasta Gratin with Spicy Tofu Pieces and Zucchini
This is a very, quick and easy recipe to make. It’s very filling, and could also be taken to a pot-luck supper.
Serving Size: 4
- 8 ounces dried pasta- bow-ties, spirals etc.
- 6-8 ounces prepared spicy tofu pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoon mild grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- splash lemon juice
- splash Tabasco or cayenne
- 1 medium small zucchini, thinly sliced
- dash of paprika powder for dusting
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast for dusting
- alternatively grate some non-dairy cheese on top
- Cook the pasta in a pot of lightly salted water until al-dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Place the soy yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the mild grainy mustard and mix.
- Add the vegetable bouillon powder, and white miso and mix well.
- Add the Tabasco or cayenne and lemon juice and mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil an oven-proof baking dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F/205C.
- When the pasta is done, remove from the heat and pour into a colander to remove the excess liquid.
- Put the pasta back in the pot.
- Add the prepared spicy tofu pieces and mix.
- Add the soy yogurt sauce and mix well.
- Place the mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top to an even level.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and lay evenly on top of the pasta mixture.
- Lightly dust the zucchini slices with sweet paprika powder and nutritional yeast, or alternatively with grated non-dairy cheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when lightly golden brown and serve.