This hearty zucchini soup really tasted good. It’s very filling as well as flavorful.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 – 1 cup TVP
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and washed
- 1 zucchini, cleaned and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 4 stalks celery, cleaned and sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- Heat the water in a large soup pot.
- Add the 2 vegetable bouillon cubes.
- When the water has become vegetable stock, add the TVP.
- Drain and wash the kidney beans and add to the soup.
- Peel and slice or chop the carrots and add to the soup.
- Clean and slice or chop the celery and add to the soup.
- Add the Italian herbs to the soup.
- Turn the heat down to simmer and add the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes.
- Shortly before serving, clean and slice the zucchini into half moon shapes.
- Add the zucchini to the soup. (I did not want the zucchini to become too soft, therefor they were added last and only cooked al dente.
- We served the hot soup with a hearty full grain bread.