Vegan White Bean Spread
This was a very tasty spread that we enjoyed over the weekend. It is good as a spread on sandwiches and works well as a dip for veggies.
Yield: 1 & 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 large jar (15 ounces) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor.
- Add the oil and lemon juice.
- Process to “chop and blend” the seeds.
- Drain the beans in a colander.
- Place the beans in the food processor.
- Add the garlic, parsley and Italian herbs.
- Process to a smooth mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper and season to taste as desired.