This is a very refreshing and filling smoothie we enjoyed today.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounces red currants
- 2 small very ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons red currant syrup
- 1 & 1/2 cups soy yogurt
- ice cubes
- Remove the berries from the stem. This is easily done using a fork.
- Rinse the currants clean in a sieve with cold running water.
- Place the red currants, peeled bananas, syrup and soy yogurt in a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add any sweetener if you feel it’s necessary.
- Add the ice cubes, blend and serve,
- We garnished the smoothie with a small stem of currants and a slice of lemon.