Vegan Green Pea and Walnut Spread
This spread is really delicious and very easy to make. It makes a great appetizer with some crackers and would also be good as a dip on a party.
- 1 package frozen peas, thawed (21 ounce / 600 grams)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 heaping tablespoon soyanaise
- 1 lemon or lime zested and juiced
- cilantro or coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- crisp crackers
- Thaw the peas and optionally lightly steam.
- Allow to cool and place in a blender.
- Shell and chop the walnuts.
- Clean the cilantro or coriander and remove the thick stems.
- Add the soy yogurt and soyanaise to the peas in the blender.
- Puree to a smooth consistency.
- Add the walnuts, lemon juice and zest and again puree to a smooth consistency.
- At last add the cilantro or coriander and puree again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the the spread on flat crisps crackers or use as a dip for crudités.
Recipe adapted from