Baked Banana Wontons with a Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
We enjoyed these tasty wontons as a mid-day sack with a cup of coffee.
Yield: 10 wontons
- 10 vegan wonton wrappers
- 1 banana, fork mashed
- splash lemon juice
- pinch cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate hazelnut spread
- Spray cooking oil
- Heat the oven to 400 F / 205 C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Separate the wonton wrappers and lay on the baking parchment.
- Place the banana in a small bowl and mash with a fork until soft.
- Add the splash of lemon juice and the cinnamon and mix well.
- Place a small spoonful of the banana mixture in the center of the wontons.
- Moisten the edge of the wontons with water and fold over to form triangles.
- Lightly spray the filled wontons with cooking oil and place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- When the wontons are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- While the wontons are cooling, heat the hazelnut chocolate spread so that it can be drizzled over the wontons.
- Drizzle the hazelnut chocolate sauce over the tops of the cooled wontons.
Make sure you get egg-free wontons.