Vegan Veggie Spread for Bagels and Other Breads
This easy spread is one of our favorites to put on bagels. It is also lovely on other rolls or breads.
Yield: 2 cups
- 1-½ cup pureed tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ small onion, pureed with tofu
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- tiny pinch cayenne pepper
- Puree the tofu.
- Add the lemon juice and onion (chopped) and again puree to a smooth consistency.
- Place the tofu in a medium bowl.
- Add the garlic powder, salt, black pepper and optional cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Dice the celery and grate the carrot.
- Add the carrot and celery to the tofu and mix well.
- Season to taste as needed.
Optional additional veggies would be grated cucumber, zucchini, and or radishes