Toasted Ciabatta Bread with Vegan Pesto, Avocados and Cherry Tomatoes
We enjoyed this as lunch today, however cut in smaller pieces they would be great as an appetizer or as finger food at a party.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1/2 cup vegan pesto (we made our own land-cress pesto this time, spinach, or arugula would also be good)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese, shredded
- De-seed and cut the red bell pepper.
- Lightly sauté in a frying pan with a splash olive oil until al dente .
- Wash and halve the tomatoes.
- Peel and de-seed the avocado.
- Cut the avocado in bite sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (205ºC)
- Slice the ciabatta through the middle lengthwise.
- Spread the vegan pesto on top of the bread.
- Top with the tomato halves and avocado pieces.
- Add the red bell pepper pieces and sprinkle with some non-dairy cheese.
- Place the ciabatta on a baking sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes.