Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Red Grapes, Dried Cranberries, Avocado and Non-Dairy Feta
This is a really delicious salad. The combination of sweet potato, grapes, sriracha and the salty vegan feta was great.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 large avocado
- 1-2 cups arugula
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- non-dairy feta crumbled (tofu soaked in brine)
to prepare the tofu feta:
- 1-2 days before you plant to make the salad, prepare the tofu feta.
- Cut s block of firm tofu into small cubes.
- Cover with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon miso, 1 tablespoon lemon juice 1 tablespoon vinegar and some Italian herbs.
- Cover and allow the feta to flavor for at least 4 hours, overnight or for a day or 2 in the refrigerator.
to make the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF / 205ºC.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Place on a baking parchment treated baking sheet drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and toss a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, wash the grapes and cut in half.
- In a small bowl, place the lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the sriracha sauce and mix well.
- Trim the long stems from the arugula and chop those that are too large.
- Place the dried cranberries in the dressing to swell a little.
- When the potato pieces have cooled, place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the dressing with the cranberries and gently mix.
- Add the grapes and gently mix.
- Shortly before serving the salad, chop and add the arugula.
- Peel the avocado and cut into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Season the salad to taste.
- Serve the salad with the vegan feta crumbled on top.