Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grape Bruschetta
We really like bruschetta and had these as a lunch, however, they would make a great appetizer or finger food at a party. Perfect for the upcoming holiday season, or a chilly fall day, spent cozy inside.
Yield: 12-16 slices
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts. cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces red seedless grapes
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese
- ¼ cup reduced balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F / 205°C.
- Cut the stem tip of the Brussels sprouts off.
- Slice the Brussels sprouts thinly using a good knife or mandolin.
- Place the shaved sprouts in a baking dish or on a baking sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over.
- Add the rosemary and nutmeg and toss lightly.
- Place in the oven to roast for 25-35 minutes.
- Clean the grapes and remove from the stem.
- Slice the grapes in half.
- Place the grapes in a separate baking dish and place in the oven to roast for 10-15 minutes.
- While the sprouts and grapes are roasting, slice the baguette.
- Heat the grill and toast the slices.
- Pour ½ cup of balsamic vinegar or fruited balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil the vinegar to reduce to ¼ cup.
- When the sprouts and grapes are done, remove from the oven.
- Spread the toasted slices with vegan, non-dairy cream cheese.
- Place some of the roasted sprouts on top of the cream cheese.
- Place a few grapes on top of the sprouts.
- Drizzle the reduce balsamic vinegar over the top.