Ginger Roasted Parsnips
This makes a delicious side dish for a holiday meal or any other time as well. It is slightly sweet, yet allows the mild flavor of the parsnips to shine forth.
Serving Size: 4
- 1½ pounds parsnips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3-4 cubes sweetened ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet white dessert wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley, chopped as garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF / 165ºC.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, grated ginger and sweet wine. salt and pepper.
- Place the “marinade” in a bowl.
- Peel and slice the parsnips in whatever form you wish, either as coins, or lengthwise.
- Place the peed parsnips in the bowl with the marinade so that they do not turn yellow.
- Toss well so the parsnips are coated.
- Spray a casserole dish with baking oil and place the parsnips in the casserole dish to roast.
- Chop the sweetened ginger and sprinkle on top of the parsnips.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven to roast for about 40 minutes.
- The last 5-8 minutes, remove the foil and allow the parsnips to lightly brown.
- We garnished the dish with a bit of chopped parsley.