These tasty marinated mushrooms are great for parties. Mushrooms are quite nutritional, offering B vitamins and selenium. The also work as an anti-stress agent. Lightly marinated in a fine olive oil and lemon juice, they make a very tasty snack or appetizer.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pint button mushrooms
for the marinade:
- 1/3 cup fine olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- nutmeg (optional)
- 1 sprig, coriander or parsley , chopped
- Mix the olive oil, chili flakes, minced garlic, Italian herbs, salt and pepper, optional nutmeg and wine vinegar.
- Whisk well to blend and place the marinade in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- While the marinade is cooking, clean the mushrooms with a paper towel or a small mushroom brush.
- Place the mushrooms in a jar and pour the boiling marinade over them.
- Mix well so that the mushrooms have all been covered with the mixture.
- Allow to marinate for several hours or over-night.
- Shortly before serving, season to taste as needed.
- Chop the parsley or cilantro and sprinkle over the mushrooms.