Orange Bell Pepper Ginger Gazpacho
Now that the weather has become warm, we enjoy more cold soups or gazpachos. This is a very tasty cold soup made with orange bell peppers, orange juice and ginger.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 orange bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 1 inch nob ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 carrot , peeled and chopped
- 2 spring onions, white parts only
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric (optional but healthy)
- 1 cup orange juice, more if desired to thin the soup
- cherry tomatoes and green parts of spring onions as garnish
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot
- Add the chopped carrots, orange bell pepper, ginger and spring onion pieces. Saute lightly until soft.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup to an even blend and chill.
- Add the orange juice.
- Serve the cold soup in cups, bowls, shots or glasses, garnished with cut cherry tomatoes and green parts of spring onions.