Lemony Pearl Couscous Lentil Salad
We came across this healthy salad on magnoliadays.com. It’s a very tasty salad. It would also be great for picnics or at the beach.
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple or agave syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
For the salad:
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together in a bowl.
- Cook the pearl couscous in a pot with 2 cups lightly salted water.
- Cook the lentils in a pot with 2-3 cups water.
- When the couscous and lentils are done, drain, pour cool water over, drain again and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the red onions and red bell pepper.
- Add to the couscous and lentils and mix gently.
- Pour 1/2 the dressing over the salad, stir to mix. You can serve the salad warm or chilled.
- Add the rest of the dressing when serving, or place in a carafe for individuals to use at the table. We added a few more thyme leaves as garnishes and a few slices of lemon.