Semolina Pudding with Fresh Berries
This has been an exceptional year for berries, so we have made this delicious and easy dessert a few times with various berries. It is quick and easy to make and very enjoyable.
Serving Size: 4
for the pudding:
- 4 cups non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup semolina flour
for the berry sauce:
- 12 ounces fresh berries (Japanese wineberries, raspberries, currants, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
to make the pudding:
- Place the non-dairy milk, sugar and vegan margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and add the semolina flour.
- Cook stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Place the pudding in 4 spray oiled ramekins and allow to cool.
to make the sauce:
- Clean the berries.
- Reserve a few whole ones to be garnish.
- Place the rest in a small saucepan.
- Add the water, sugar and lemon juice and cook until the berries are soft.
- If there are many seeds in the berries, consider pushing the sauce through a sieve.
- If you don’t mind the seeds, then allow the sauce to cool until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, remove the semolina puddings from the form and place on individual dessert plates.
- Pour some of the sauce over each pudding and garnish with a few of the fresh berries.