Vegan Mexican Street Corn
As corn season has started, we rush to enjoy fresh corn on the cob or cut and served as Mexican street corn. This is a very tasty side dish, salad or snack.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 cups fresh yellow corn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or vegan margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soyanaise
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 bunch coriander or cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
- vegan almond Parmesan*
for the vegan almond Parmesan:
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried lemon grass powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch nutmeg
- Cut the corn from the cob.
- Heat the oil or margarine in a large pot.
- Add the corn to the oil and cook, stirring until the corn is lightly golden brown.
- When done, remove from the pot and place in a mixing bowl.
- While the corn is still hot, add the minced garlic and mix well.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Chop the coriander or cilantro and slice the spring onions
- Make the vegan almond Parmesan by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the soyanaise to the corn and mix well.
- Add the coriander or cilantro and the spring onions.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the vegan Parmesan and chili flakes and mix well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with more of the vegan Parmesan sprinkled on top and if you like if very spicy, dust with a pinch of cayenne.