Sweet Red Bell Pepper Spread Redoux
We use this delicious spread on rolls in the morning, for sandwiches at lunch and as a dip for veggies.
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 cup prepared red bell pepper pieces
- ½-¾ cups soy yogurt
- 4 ounces nut meal
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 splash lemon juice or fruit vinegar
- 1 splash Tabasco
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you use a fresh red bell pepper, de-seed it and chop, then lightly sauté in a tablespoon of oil until the pepper pieces are soft.
If you are using canned or jarred bell pepper pieces, drain from the liquid.
- Place the prepared red bell pepper pieces in a bowl (if using an immersion blender, or place in a mixer or in food processor.
- Add the soy yogurt, mustard vegetable bouillon powder and puree to a smooth consistence.
- Add the lemon juice (or vinegar), Tabasco, garlic powder and nutritional yeast and puree again.
- At last add the nut meal and puree.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Place in air tight container and cool in the refrigerator.