Creamy Asparagus filled Puff Pastry Shells with Chervil
This is a quick and easy elegant holiday meal or first course. It would also be nice for a New Year’s brunch.
Serving Size: 4
- 1-2 per person vegan puff pastry shells
- 2 cans white asparagus pieces
- 2 cups soy yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon anise powder
- splash lemon juice
- salt and white pepper to taste
- handful fresh chervil
- Place the soy yogurt in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the anise, dry mustard and vegetable bouillon powder.
- Add ¼ cup of the liquid from the asparagus pieces.
- Stir to mix well, and heat on a low heat to warm.
- Add the asparagus pieces.
- Add the lemon juice and season with salt and white pepper.
- Chop the chervil as a garnish.
- Place the pastry shells on individual plates. (Use 1 shell per person as an appetizer, or 2 shells per person as a main meal.
- Spoon some of the asparagus mixture in each shell.
- Garnish with the chopped chervil.
We enjoyed orange glazed Brussels sprouts on the side.