Apple, Sauerkraut, & Vegan Cheese Quesadillas
This year we are increasing our intake of probiotic foods. Sauerkraut is one of the most famous and common probiotic foods. This makes a very tasty lunch or snack. It is a quick and easy lunch to make and quite filling as well.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups organic sauerkraut
- 8-10 vegan cheddar cheese slices
- 2 organic apples
- To get the most of your probiotics, don’t rise off the sauerkraut. Merely squeeze the extra sauerkraut juice into a cup or glass (save to use with other recipes) and fork separate the sauerkraut into a bowl.
- Core and slice the organic apples and separate the vegan cheese slices and tear into smaller peaces to spread on the tortilla.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place one quesadilla at a time on the skillet, place a some of the cheese pieces on one half of the tortilla.
- Fork some of the sauerkraut over the cheese pieces and then top with some of the apple slices.
- Fold the empty half of the tortilla over to cover the apple slices, making a half moon of the tortilla.
- Cook until browned on the one side. Flip over and brown the remaining side.
- Continue for all of the tortillas.
This can also be used as an appetizer if cut onto smaller pie shaped pieces and used as finger food.