Creamy Vegan Tortellini with Fresh Veggies
This was a delicious meal we enjoyed today. It’s quick and easy to make, very filling and nutrition as well.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 8 ounce package vegan tortellini
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- oil for cooking the vegetables
for the sauce:
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives as optional garnish
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil
- Prepare the vegetables:
De-seed and cut the red bell pepper into bite sized chunks.
Clean and cut the zucchini in bite sized chunks.
Slice the onion, mince the garlic.
Clean the spinach leaves and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and place over low heat to warm.
- Put the vegan tortellini in the boiling water to cook. They are done when floating on the top.
- Place some cooking oil in a frying pan and heat.
- Add the prepared vegetables and stir fry until al dente.
- Drain the water from the cooked tortellini and return the tortellini to the pot.
- Add 1/3 of the sauce to the tortellini and stir to evenly mix.
- Place the creamy tortellini i in individual dishes.
- Add a generous portion of the sautéed vegetables to each dish and add a bit more sauce on top.
- Optionally garnish with chopped chives. You can also sprinkle with vegan Parmesan if desired.