Sichuan TVP, Broccolini, Cashew Stir Fry
We have recently gotten a cast iron wok and are so pleased to be enjoying light, freshly cooked meals using the wok. This is a recipe we made last week.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 16 ounces (about 16 pieces) TVP medallions, reconstituted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 10-12 ounces broccolini, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, as garnish
for the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables. (Slice the onions, mince the garlic, cut the broccolini.
- Reconstitute the TVP medallions
- Toast the cashews in a dry frying pan.
- Heat the wok and add 1 tablespoon peanut oil.
- Place the TVP medallions in the wok and allow to brown.
- Push the medallions to the side and add the onion slices.
- Add the broccolini pieces and mix well.
- Add a bit of the sauce as needed.
- Add the minced garlic pieces.
- If needed add a bit of water.
- Sprinkle with the red chili flakes
- Add the cashew nuts and the rest of the sauce.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve the meal garnished with a bit of chili pepper flakes and sesame seeds
You can serve it on rice or Asian pasta.