Wild Garlic Pesto
Wild garlic leaves are a really special treat only available in early spring and we are lucky to have some in our herb garden. They have a lovely delicate garlic flavor and are useful in many recipes.
Yield: 1 cup
- 3 cups wild garlic leaves
- ⅓ – ½ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- black pepper – dash to taste
- Wash the wild garlic leaves well and spin dry.
- Place in a food processor.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Process to a fine paste.
- Add the salt, dry mustard and nutritional yeast and process again.
- Season to taste with a dash of black pepper.