Beet Salad with Plums and Tofu Feta
Plums are a lovely compliment to beets. We have really enjoyed this salad, and as plums are still in season we will have it again as long as the plums last.
Serving Size: 4
- 3-4 medium red beets
- 4-5 ripe plums
- 1 small red onion
- 2 spring onions
- 1½ cups prepared tofu feta (click here to see instructions)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fruit or white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- lettuce or spinach leaves as bed
to prepare the vegetables:
- Wash, trim and peel the beets.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and boil.
- When the beets are tender, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the small red onion very thinly.
- Cut the green parts of 2 spring onions as garnish for the salad.
to make the dressing:
- Place the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Season to taste with extra salt and pepper as needed.
to prepare the salad:
- Shred some lettuce as a bed for the salad, or optionally baby spinach leaves.
- Place the bed of lettuce or spinach on individual salad plates.
- Drain the liquid from the beets and divide the beets on the bed of greens.
- Wash the plums and slice.
- Add the plum slices to each salad.
- Place the tofu feta on the salad or crumble as desired.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the spring onions on top as a garnish.