Armenian apricot and lentil soup
This is a very tasty soup, based on traditional Armenian recipes. The apricots in this soup add a lovely mild sweetness.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 ounces red lentils (55 g), washed
- 2 ounces dried apricots (55 g), washed
- 1 large potato
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3 tbs. parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place lentils in a large saucepan.
- Roughly chop the potato and add to the pan with remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then puree until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasonings to taste.
The recipe has originally been posted on the usenet group alt.food.vegan by MrFalafel in 2001.