Broccoli soup with a bite
This is such a warming soup, as bright green as a spring day.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 grams broccoli (med. head), cut in flowerets and the stem in pieces
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 liter water
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper
- chive blossoms to garnish (optional)
- Place the cut up broccoli in a large pot.
- Add the cut potatoes and 1 liter of water.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- When the broccoli and potatoes are cooked al dente, puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and the nutmeg and cayenne.
- Garnish with the chive blossoms.
The chive blossoms are edible and add a nice extra note to the soup.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.