Broccoli and rice casserole
This really tastes yummy and doesn’t even need to have (soy) cheese.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tsp. grainy mustard
- splash lemon juice (optional)
- Wash the broccoli and cut the stem into small pieces and the head into florets.
- Steam the broccoli al dent, or cook in boiling water until al dente.
- If you have used boiling water, then cook the rice in the same water therefor the rice receives some of the extra vitamins from the broccoli.
- Cook the rice.
- Preheat the oven to 375 (F)
- Fill an oven proof baking dish with the broccoli and rice.
- Mix the soy yogurt, vegetable bouillon powder and mustard in a bowl.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the broccoli and rice and mix well.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top.