Cinnamon apple walnut bread
Cinnamon and apples, don’t they go great together? Add some walnuts and dates and wow, what a tasty bread this makes!
Yield: 1 loaf
Serving Size: 8
- 1/2 cup soy margarine, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg replacement, beaten
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped (or raisins)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soured soy milk
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Squeeze 1/2 the lemon into a large bowl with a bit of water, to cut the apples into (so that they do not turn brown.
- Save the other half of the lemon to make the soy milk sour.
- Cut the apples in small pieces into the lemony water.
- Into a different bowl cut the dates into small pieces.
- Cut the walnuts into small pieces.
- Beat the egg replacer until it is foamy.
- Cream together softened soy margarine and sugar and add beaten egg replacer, stir in fruit and nuts.
- Make the soy milk sour by adding the juice of the other half of lemon.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately with sour soy milk.
- It will be a very thick batter.
- Place in a loaf pan; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Optionally you can sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top just before placing in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F (176°C) until cooked, about 1 hour.
Inspired by Vermont Apples www.vermontapples.org
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.