These are yummy and really like the “other” kind of macaroons. You don’t taste the carrots, they just give a lovely shredded texture and golden color, and of course a bit of vitamins along the way too.
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup water blended with 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour or soy flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grate the carrots and place in a bowl.
- Chop the dates and add the water, allow this to sit for 10 minutes and then mix well, o puree.
- Add the almond flavor to the date mixture and add to the carrots.
- In a second bowl, put the coconut, and flours and 1/4 tsp. salt. Mix well, and then add the sweetened carrot mixture.
- Mix well and allow to stand for 1o minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Form the macaroons, but make sure not to make them too large, as then the outside will be too brown, while the inside is still too moist.
- A size a bit larger than a walnut is what is recommended.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
http://library.thinkquest.org/C004833/recipes_en.shtml (not available any longer)
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.