Brussels sprouts with apples and onions
This is so simple, yet tastes delicious. By using the red onions, it gets a red and green coloring.
Serving Size: 2
- 500 grams Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 apples, finely sliced
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Slice the red onions finely.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a steamer and steam until al dente.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until the onion becomes glassy.
- Pour the vegetable bouillon and wine over the red onions and allow the ingredients to mix and cook down to half the amount of liquid. Remove from the heat.
- Slice the apples finely into a bowl with a bit of lemon juice so that they keep their color.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a serving bowl.
- Pour the onion, bouillon wine mixture over the sprouts and mix well.
- Add the apples and once again mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
A nice red apple would help this too, but the green looks so nice with the Brussels sprouts I chose the green Granny Smith apple.