Nutty Redcurrant Muffins
Looking like tasty red rubies, these yummy currants are delicious. I found this recipe at the Hurst berry website. It was easy to adapt to be vegan, and I added a few extra spices as well. We really enjoyed these.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs replacements
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/4 cups redcurrants
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir in chopped walnuts and set aside.
- Combine egg replacements, soy milk, and cooking oil.
- Add this to dry ingredients, stir.
- Gently, add 1 cup of currants to the batter and mix, stir carefully so as to not break the currants.
- Spoon into muffin cups, scatter the rest of the fresh currants over top.
- Bake in 375 degree F (190 C) oven for 25 minutes, or until golden.
Don’t put too many extra currants in the batter or else the muffins will fall apart, they need enough batter to hold together – the 1 1/4 cups is fine. The recipe works well in half also, it will make 6 very large muffins or 8 medium sized.
Inspired by www.hursts-berry.com
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.