Broccoli Salad with Spicy Tofu, Raisins and Water Chestnuts
This salad offers a tasty alternative to the traditional broccoli salad by using spicy tofu and crunchy water chestnuts.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup spicy tofu pieces, cut in small cubes
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- for the dressing
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. vinegar (balsamic, wine or raspberry)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 package Italian salad seasonings
- Cut the broccoli florets from the head and place in a steamer.
- Lightly steam the broccoli until al dente.
- Remove and place in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain the broccoli and place in a large bowl.
- Mince the onion and add to the broccoli.
- Add the raisins and the sliced water chestnuts.
- Make the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Allow the salad to marinate and season for at least 1/2 an hour before serving.
We enjoyed this salad with a light Italian vinaigrette, but any sort of vegan salad dressing would be tasty.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.