Tempeh Schnitzel with a Citrus Sauce
The citrus marinade really enhanced these tempeh Schnitzels. We enjoyed these, with parsley potatoes and green beans. It was a very nice meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 pkg. (about 175 grams) tempeh
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- Slice the tempeh in thin slices.
- Make a marinade form the orange juice, sesame oil, the juice from 1/2 of the lemon and vegetable bouillon.
- Marinate the tempeh slices for 1/2 hour-4 hours.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Strip the leaves from the time into the pan. (Leave 1 spring as garnish).
- Braze the tempeh so that both sides are golden brown.
- Season to taste with a pinch of salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Slice the other half of the lemon and place in the frying pan to lightly saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the tempeh Schnitzels on a serving platter, and pour the marinade into the hot frying pan.
- Allow the marinade to reduce, then pour over the Schnitzels or serve in a gravy boat on the side.
- Garnish with the cooked lemon and thyme sprig.