Hazelnut Lace Cookies
These lovely light cookies are very tasty and simple to make.
Yield: 3 doz.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup or agave
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur or brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 177 C.
- Line cookie sheets with greased foil, shiny side up.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, vegan margarine, and syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until well blended.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the ground nuts, flour, and liqueur.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop teaspoonful onto a greased, foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes; let stand 1 minute.
- Remove from cookie sheet.
- Makes 4 dozen.
Make sure you space them well on the cookie sheet as they spread when cooking.