Tofu Medallions with Chili Dusted Pineapple, Avocado Cream and Browned Plantain
Tastes of the tropics. The mild taste of tofu is brought to life with the blends of chili flavored pineapple, avocado cream and crunch plantains.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 block of tofu (12 ounces)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 plantain
- oil for frying
- 3 slices of pineapple
- pinch of chili powder or cayenne
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut cream
for the marinade:
- 1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon pineapple juice or syrup
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of garlic powder
- Mix the marinade and place in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the tofu into slices, blocks or medallions, dry with a paper towel and place in the marinade.
- From time to time turn the tofu, so that each side is in the marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel the avocado, squeeze the lime over the avocado and puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper additionally with garlic if so desired.
- Place the oil in a small frying pan.
- Peel and slice the plantain and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Place the marinated tofu in the oil and sear on each side until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and set in the oven to remain warm with the plantain pieces,.
- Blot the pineapple slices dry and sprinkle with chili powder or cayenne and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut cream on a plate.
- Set the tofu pieces on and around the plate.
- Add a couple of dollops of avocado cream and the pineapple pieces.
- Garnish wit a couple slices of plantains.
I served the meal with a side dish of green rice. The green rice was made by cooking the rice in a puree of cilantro, jalapeno and vegetable bouillon.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.