Cauliflower and Sweet Yellow Bell Pepper Soup
This tasty soup is quick and easy to make. We enjoyed it for lunch, even on a very warm summer day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 fresh yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup soy cream or rice milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- dash Tabasco
- pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- purple basil as garnish (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan or stockpot. Heat over medium heat.
- Saute onion and yellow pepper until tender.
- Stir in vegetable broth.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets, chopped potato and bay leaf.
- Stir in dried basil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Puree the soup. (I use an immersion blender).
- Thin with soy cream or rice milk.
- Add salt and pepper, Tabasco and nutmeg as desired.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished optionally with fresh basil.