Curried Green Bean Salad
We enjoyed his salad tonight as a side dish. It was served a room temperature. It wold also be nice as an appetizer.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound, young green beans
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne powder(optional)
- Clean the green beans and cut as desired.
- Steam them lightly until al dente. Place them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- saute the onions until they are glassy.
- Add the minced garlic and curry powder.
- Mix well.
- Add the tomato and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, cinnamon and cayenne as desired.
- Mix the curry seasoning well through the green beans.
- Serve as side dish, salad or appetizer.