Roasted Red Pepper Humus In Zucchini Rounds
This tasty humus is also useful as an appetizer for parties. We filled zucchini however you can also use cucumber.
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (about 2 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted skins removed and de-seeded
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- splash Balsamic vinegar
- 1 or 2 zucchini, depending on size
- Handful small basil leaves as garish
- Roast the bell peppers.
- When they have cooled, remove the skins, slice and remove the seeds.
- Drain the chickpeas and place in a food processor.
- Add the minced garlic oil and lemon juice and pure.
- If it is too thick add a bit of water or lemon juice.
- Add the tahini and roasted bell peppers and blend again.
- Add the cumin, cayenne and Balsamic vinegar.
- Season to taste with additional salt possibly Tabasco.
- Wash the zucchini.
- Cut off the stem and the end.
- Using a vegetable peeler peel strips off along the length of the zucchini, leaving every other strip green.
- Slice the zucchini in rounds and using a melon baller, or an apple corer remove the inner circle of the zucchini.
- Fill each zucchini with the humus mixture.
- Garnish by dusting with sweet paprika powder and a small basil leaf.
- Place on a serving tray or individual appetizer plates.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.